Sales recruiting continues to pose one of the most daunting challenges for today’s business leaders. In 2011, as the economy recovers, the pressure on sales leaders and HR managers to recruit, hire and retain high-performing salespeople will only grow more intense.
The data was gathered from surveys sent to more than 26,000 sales leaders, business owners, senior executives and human resource professionals.
With this report we answer seven critical questions about sales hiring trends and arm front line and strategic level leaders with six key strategies for winning the war on sales talent:
- How will the economic recovery impact sales recruiting?
- Are sales organizations planning to increase or decrease sales headcount?
- What is the level of concern over the available pool of sales talent?
- Will a new war for sales talent begin?
- Should sales organizations focus attention on sales talent retention?
- Should companies invest more in sales recruiting resources?
- What should sales and human resource leaders do now to maintain a consistent pipeline of sales talent?