By Sam Parker, GiveMore.com
Ego can get in the way of everything. Remind yourself (and others) of the fundamentals to less ego, more results, and happier times.
ego: noun > 1. the self 2. an inflated sense of self-significance
To be no ego…
- Be humble. Understand you are a (small) part of the world. Service and patience should be your top priorities.
- Be teachable. Focus on what you can learn, rather than what you know. Remember that almost everything you learn comes from the work of someone else.
- Listen more. Make every effort to truly understand what others are saying (beyond just words). Allow a gap of silence before responding. Ask question (and listen, again).
- Appreciate people. Enjoy others’ contributions. Don’t squelch ideas or defend territory. Encourage more.
- Relax. Let go of the need to be right or win every time.