Common Tips to Motivate A Sales Team:
- Create a clear sales plan
- Provide ample sales training (learn why sales training alone fails)
- Set achievable goals
- Empower your sales team
- Establish a solid base salary in addition to their commissions and bonuses
- Provide positive feedback and recognition
- Celebrate the successes
- Communicate frequently with your team and have an open door policy
- Involve your sales team with setting quotas, sales plans, sales goals
- Set challenging goals
- Motivate with significant bonuses
- Established sales contests or sales games
- Provide sophisticated sales tools, from the best CRM, to marketing support, to internal support
- Spend time helping out on sales calls
- Grant sales’ awards, such as sales person of the month or sales person of the year
- Adjust compensation plans to increase motivation
- Hire motivational speakers
Many of the items I list above can help you motivate your sales team. They each have different levels of importance given your particular situation. However, I was looking for something new that would catapult my team into a thoroughbred sales force, possessed with energy, passion and motivation.
I have developed a breakthrough sales solutions that deliver results.
To create dramatic results in a short period of time I use a customized sales coaching process, which produces extraordinary results for sales leaders, sales managers, and sales professionals of all levels. Please visit this link to learn more about Sales Coaching.